SAM provides state of the art process automation and motion control solutions designed to increase productivity of manufacturers, utility and diverse organizations operating in today's highly competitive business environment.
SAM achieves this with our state of the art solutions designed and implemented by SAM 's experienced engineering and software team.
- Visual Automation / VA Historian
- SIMATIC® S5 to SIMATIC® S57 - Modular CPU
- iNET SI-110 SICOMP M Interface
Visual Automation / VA Historian
Visual Automation is a platform for the storage and evaluation of process data.
The "VA HISTORIAN" product allows storage, processing and visualisation of process data from heterogeneous industrial systems. Data is stored on a database server and this data is accessed via a number of client application including:
Learn more... Download the VA Historian Brochure
http://www.sam.co.za/Articles/VA 20Historian_2010_LR_Brochure.pdf ( low resolution)
http://www.sam.co.za/Articles/VA 20Historian_2010_HR_Brochure.pdf (high resolution)
SIMATIC® S5 to SIMATIC® S57 - Modular CPU
High Performance CPU for the Simatic® S5. With TCP/IP interface
- Applicable in automation systems of 115U, 135U/155U and 150U of the Simatic S5
- Compatible with CPU 416 with RS 7 Software
- Compatible with CPU 945 (941, 942, 943, 944) or CPU 948 (946/947, 928) with RS 5 Software
- Synchronous mode: Simatic® S7 and Simatic® S5 Program run concurrently (Particularly suitable for extensions of present plants)
- IT function (Email Client, Webserver, FTP)
- Upgrade your Simatic® S5 PLC to an Simatic® S7 PLC in a Flash
Simatic® S5 program and Simatic® S7 program run simultaneously!
- Step 5 blocks that can only be ported to Simatic® S7 with high complexity, remain in Step 5 and are called from the Step 7 operating system.
- Access to external periphery, where blocks are only available in Step 5.
- Existing Simatic® S5 hardware and Simatic® S5 programs can be integrated into systems, that do not support Simatic® S5 components (e.g. Simatic® PC S7)
- Time-consuming and cost-intensive converting of programs is not applicable.
- Hardware remains constant (exception: CPUs)
- Simatic® S5 Program remains constant
- Simatic® S7 Program and Simatic® S5 Program run concurrently
- Time-saving, cost-effective
Opencorder - Paperless Data Recording
Using Visual Automation as the data collection and storage mechanism, the "OPENCORDER" is a paperless data recording system. you can view multiple charts on the same screen and a "cut and paste" information from OPENCORDER into MS Excel for further analysis.
Learn more... Download Opencorder specification sheet
"EMDAS" - Energy Management & Data Aquisition System
The EMDAS system is an acquisition and monitoring system for metered inputs from power generation plants. It has a complete measurement and storage environment. It's reporting facilities include hourly, daily and ad-hoc reports generated by the users.
It consists of an integral information system with all the capabilities of a relational database including SQL (Structured Query Language), for easy access to stored data.
The main function of EMDAS is to provide accurate information on an hourly basis and summary reports, which are user definable.
The system consists of a data acquisition system based on the InterBus-S field bus with a storage system, which incorporates the Microsoft SQL Server relational database. Due to the use of a field bus system, it has been possible to distribute the acquisition system, and retain the high-speed communication between the major components. The relational database design allows for flexible reporting and queries, which may be composed using standard graphical utilities or the SQL (Structured Query Language).
There are static and dynamic tables, which hold static data such as signal-input descriptions, and dynamic data such as the actual readings, and current values of the inputs.
EMDAS Static Tables
- Static Analogue
- Static Digital
- Static Calculation
EMDAS Dynamic Tables
- Hourly Values
- Daily Values
- Alarm Values
Learn more... Download EMDAS specification sheet
This log occurs automatically every hour and is derived from an integration of the various inputs over the hour and followed by a reset of the value. Since the GPS clock is used for this, the values are guaranteed to occur within 1ms of the hour, and every hour. It is possible to call up any previous hour, up to approximately 3 months back, via this method.
This log runs from midnight to midnight of the same input metering signals as the hourly log. By selecting this icon on the toolbar, or via the menu, the previous day's daily summary log is displayed. Utilizing the Historical feature, it is possible to request a daily summary, which is available in the SQL Server (typically 1 year).
This log allows ad-hoc queries, which are only limited by the time frame of the stored values in the database. It is possible to select the exact starting time and date, and the end date and time. By selecting the OK button, a query is requested and the results appear on the screen. A combination of hourly values, over any time period is presented to the user.
http://www.sam.co.za/Articles/Emdas 20writeup 20rev1-2.pdf
iNet SI-110 SICOMP M Interface replacement cards
The iNET SI-110 interface facilitates the migration of a SICOMP M system to a
modern standard platform. Based on the retention of existing I/O hardware it is
possible to make the transition in phases. A passive phase with parallel operation
and the active phase where the SICOMP is removed. The iNET SI-110 is an Ethernet based interface which connects to any TCP/IP enabled server.
Learn more... Download SICOMP specification sheet
Switch on savings with SAM's range of street lighting, solar lighting and warehouse lighting.
Why is Ecolight today's solution?
- Financially the right choice
- Unique product strength
- Optimised photometrics
- Light uniformity
- High colour rendition (CRI 82+)
- Excellent lamp life
- No spill light
- Increased pole spacing
- Lighter cabling
- Exceptional energy efficiency
- Excellent ingress protection
- Quick pay back
- Low manufacturing carbon footprint
- Environmentally appropriate
Learn more... Download the Ecolight Product brochure
http://www.sam.co.za/Articles/Ecolight Company Profile - June 2011.zip